[Lazarus] Impossible to debug with Lazarus IDE

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Thu Oct 30 16:25:32 CET 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 15.55:47 Paul Ishenin wrote:
> Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > Why do you think the Kylix debugger could access FPC properties by getter
> > function calls which gdb can't? For other debugging tasks use MSEide, it
> > has stepping, conditional breakpoints and watchpoints, CPU and
> > disassemble window, displaying and modifying of expressions and
> > variables, memory dump... After you found the bug you can return back to
> > Lazarus. ;-)
>
> Ehm... Martin, what is the reason to create another ide for msegui? Just
> plug everything into lazarus ;)

Yup, why not? Feel free to do so. The MSEide gdb mi-interface class is a good
candidate. Other parts are more difficult because they depend on the MSEgui
architecture which is very different from the Lazarus design.
If you ask why I developed my own IDE instead to use Lazarus, when I started
with the new design of MSEide some years ago, Lazarus was not stable enough.
Because of the many widgetsets and platforms Lazarus supports, I didn't
expect Lazarus to stabilise fast enough. utf-8 versus utf-16 is another
theme...
Again, feel free to use any useful piece of code of MSEide+MSEgui for Lazarus.

Martin