[Lazarus] Hint at statusbar.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:10:04 CET 2008

2008/10/30 Henrique Faria <henrique_faria at msn.com>:

> I have this piece of code that shows the hint at statusbar on Delphi:

I take it you are using compiler mode "objfpc" which is the default
compiler mode Lazarus specifies in units? Second line from the top in
a new unit.

> procedure TFormPrincipal.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
> begin
> Application.OnHint:= AppHint;
> end;

In that case change the above line to

   Application.OnHint:= @AppHint;

And it should be fixed.  Alternatively you can switch to the "delphi"
compiler mode, but I would stick to the "objfpc" if I was you. It's a
bit more strict, but makes for more correct code.  [my personal
opinion]

Regards,
  - Graeme -