[Lazarus] UTF8ToSys function???

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:09:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the tools/lazdatadesktop application and have
quite a bit of trouble...

I have Lazarus v0.9.25 r16273M i386-linux-gtk and tried to use FPC
2.2.0, FPC 2.2.3 (r11538).  Michael van Canneyt said that
lazdatadesktop should compile fine with FPC 2.2.0 but that doesn't
seem to be the case any more.

I got issues in "regdbexport.pp" and "reglazdatadict.pp" with IFDEF's
being incorrect. They were easy to resolve.

The next issue I got was: Identifier not found "UTF8ToSys"

Michael said he didn't add that code.... So anybody got a clue as to
what version of FPC has "UTF8ToSys" defined???

----------------[ Michael van Canneyt wrote: ]-----------------------

> Then I got the following error:
>
>   dicteditor.pp(672,29) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToSys"
>
> And the code is below...
>
> procedure TDataDictEditor.LoadFromFile(AFileName: String);
> begin
>   FDD.LoadFromFile(UTF8ToSys(AFileName));
>   ShowDictionary;
>   SetCaption;
> end;
>

> Any ideas in what version of FPC "UTF8ToSys" is defined?  I'm still
> using FPC 2.2.3 (r11538).

Hell no, I definitely didn't put that code there, probably one of
the Lazarus folks did that. I suggest you put

Regards,
  - Graeme -