[Lazarus] Delphi 2009 says goodbye to Windows 9x and WinNT 4

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:55:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> How does FPC/Lazarus stand regarding this?  I remember Felipe mention
> that it is possible to support Win9x, or maybe I didn't understand him
> correctly?

Lazarus already supports unicode in Win9x using a "best effort"
approach since months. It's all explained in the wiki:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Unicode_Support#Guidelines

Nick answered with what can be considered a half true. Win9x do not
understand unicode, but you could convert the string before giving it
to it. Which leads us to consider that the real reason is that
codegear simply does not want to support win9x.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho