[Lazarus] Tooltips in editor not working with trunk

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:14:29 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Mattias Gärtner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> This is known.
> The hint is hidden, because of a mouse move message to the window.
> I had not yet the time to find a good solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

Speaking of tooltips and mouse move messages.  Not really related, but
wondered if LCL is affected by this as well.  We just implemented
basic tooltip support in fpGUI and I noticed very strange behaviour
from Windows, which prevented tooltips from appearing in fpGUI under
Windows.   When a form is shown, hidden or moved, Windows fires off 2
mouse move messages (X11 doesn't), even though the mouse pointer did
NOT move.

I know this is probably not related to the issue in the Lazarus
editor, because what I'm describing was only an issue under Windows
(and I mostly use Lazarus under Linux). Either way, did anybody test
LCL-win32 count of mouse move messages, to see if those fake messages
also get through to the widgets?

More detailed info on the issue:
  http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2003/10/01/55108.aspx

To work around this issue in fpGUI, I had to check the mouse pointer
co-ordinates before sending the MouseMove message to the widgets. If
the co-ordinates are the same as the previous message, trash the
current message.

Regards,
 - Graeme -