[Lazarus] Tooltips in editor not working with trunk

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:32:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:

> The LCL win32 interface doesn't send mouse move notifications to the
> LCL, unless the mouse position has changed. Search for "spurious
> WM_MOUSEMOVE message" in the interfaces\win32 directory.

Ah, so LCL win32 interface does exactly what fpGUI under Windows does. :-)

> So, no, it doesn't count mouse move message, because that is not necessry.

I read my previous email again, and I was really unclear. ;-)  I
didn't mean counting messages, I meant looking if the coordinates
actually changed compared to the previous mouse move message. LCL and
fpGUI does the same in this case.

PS:
I did a search for "spurious WM_MOUSEMOVE message" as you suggested.
Talk about code duplication!!  Or was that by design?
win32callback.inc and wincecallback.inc  have a LOT of identical code!
 Not the best design to be honest.

To see what I mean do the following.
  1. Open the wincecallback.inc and place the top line of the editor
on line 1499.
  2. In a new tab, open the win32callback.inc and place the top line
of the editor on line 1761.
  3. Now switch between these two files/tabs.  The code is copied
line-by-line, it's as if you are viewing the same file!  :-(

Regards,
 - Graeme -