[Lazarus] Tooltips in editor not working with trunk

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Sep 3 10:21:41 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS:
>> I did a search for "spurious WM_MOUSEMOVE message" as you suggested.
>> Talk about code duplication!!  Or was that by design?
>> win32callback.inc and wincecallback.inc  have a LOT of identical code!
>>  Not the best design to be honest.
>
> We decided to go this way because of the homeric headaches that the
> mixed gtk/gtk2 caused.
>
> And if you ask me it was the right solution.

I've still my doubt's if some .inc solution wouldn't have been easier
(not derived like gtk)
When implementing graphics stuff I constantly have the feeling that I'm
duplicating code. I implement in win32, copy and paste it to wince, test
the change and forget. Untill some new changes which only get applied to
win32.
See the recent updates Paul did for my last changes.

Marc