[Lazarus] Dear developers, we need your help before releasing 0.9.26

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Fri Sep 5 17:58:25 CEST 2008

> Maybe we need to point lazarus users to some build manual (if exists) or
> create one (in other case).

It's already there, on the wiki. :)

> But indeed building from svn is very easy:
> - to clean and build ide without external components: make clean all
> - to clean and build ide with some external component: make clean bigide
> - to clean and build ide with all user component: make clean idepkg

Yup. I event made a simple script to automate the whole processes from
updating my local SVN, make clean all, make install. It's done. If I run
Lazarus after that, I have the latest Lazarus in front of me. Of course,
if the whole processes are successful. Even if the new update is broken,
I simply re-run the script to revert my SVN to the last working revision
(if I remember the rev number). :-D

> Nothing more and no need to download 40mb of snapshots every day. And
> also no need to reinstall that snapshots.

Exactly! That's why I wonder if there's regular users of Lazarus (not
newcomers that come to try and leave) that still download 40mb of
snapshots every day. :-D

-Bee-