[Lazarus] Dear developers, we need your help before releasing 0.9.26

Marco Ciampa ciampix at libero.it
Mon Sep 8 02:12:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 01:33:27AM +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 22:15:56 +0200
> Tom Verhoeff <T.Verhoeff at tue.nl> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> >  2.  When running a program that produces a run-time error, a dialog
> >      window comes up stating that it cannot find system.inc (or such)
> > and asks if you wish to look for it.  (This happens in a default
> > installation of the 0.9.24 release; apparently some path is not
> > properly set; the FPC sources have been installed and are available.)
>
> The problem is that there is no simple way to locate the correct include
> file.
> I have an idea for a heuristic using an index. I don't know if I find
> the time to implement that soon.
I've just cached the same error on WinXP Home.
Why not trying the default installation position first? Then using the
supplied path and so on...

We are using Lazarus in an High School here in Italy with the very same
usage problems pointed by Tom.

We are actually trying to use Lazarus as an ide for free pascal (not OO).
We find it clumsy to create a project with a standard console program
with .pas source code (create project, delete source and insert a blank .pas
file in the project)...

On the other hand...it's a beautiful ide!!!

--

Marco Ciampa