[Lazarus] TToolButton hints

Žilvinas Ledas ledas at liux.lt
Mon Sep 8 18:41:41 CEST 2008

En/na Paul Ishenin ha escrit:

> But indeed building from svn is very easy:
> - to clean and build ide without external components: make clean all

ok, this works

> - to clean and build ide with some external component: make clean bigide

I'm currently under linux and it works, but IIRC I couldn't make it work
under windows (maybe it was just a broken svn revision, I don't know)

> - to clean and build ide with all user component: make clean idepkg

Never works after an svn update (btw, if you make clean it's *not*
supposed to work, it's either "make idepkg" after "make clean all" or
"make clean all idepkg"), however: under windows the configuration files
(idepkg.cfg and another one I don't remember) are in the user profile
and the makefile doesn't find them, once copied in the correct place
(under linux they are already) the compilation fails.
I *always* have to use "make clean all" and the use the ide itself to
get my components.
E.g., currently under linux:

make clean all idepkg LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2

(first compilation of lazarus ok, enter the idepkg stage)

Compiling lazarus.pp
PPU Loading /home/luca/lazsvn/lazarus/components/rx/lib/apputils.ppu
PPU Source: apputils.pp not found
Recompiling AppUtils, checksum changed for Grids
apputils.pp(74,12) Fatal: Can't find unit AppUtils used by rx
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/home/luca/lazsvn/lazarus/ide'
make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/luca/lazsvn/lazarus/ide'
make: *** [idepkg] Error 2

(It may well be another unit)
Of course if I open the ide, rebuild my packages and *then* I "make
idepkg" it works (since all units don't need to be recompiled), but
what's the point?

Another gripe I have with svn, is that if I do an svn diff right after
an update, all Makefile and Makefile.fpc, as well as many po files, are
different, so I have to delete them and svn update again.

And the last one is the lrs files: since they should be generated by the
lfm, why oh why are they under svn? (well, I know, because lazarus
doesn't generate them automatically, but I think it should)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007