[Lazarus] WinCE Problem TMainMenu

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Tue Sep 9 18:08:58 CEST 2008

On 9/9/08, Joao Morais <post at joaomorais.com.br> wrote:

> Always use referential integrity. After transaction, this is the most
>  nice RDBMS feature. A 'lovely error message' is far better than ghosts
>  in the database,

That's true, and I do have referential integrity enabled. A nice safe
guard. I disabled it for unit testing purposes (separate database),
but since, fixed up my unit tests to work with referential integrity
enabled as well.

>  anyway you can choose between query the database before
>  try to delete the record (when you have an oo model this is very simple

Umm... this sounds like a safer option than cascade delete. At least I
wouldn't run into the 'in memory' issue mentioned in my reply to
Michael.

Thanks for the response...

Regards,
  - Graeme -