[Lazarus] New Mac OS X Scheme

Tom Gregorovic _tom_ at centrum.cz
Wed Sep 10 11:21:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I added a new Mac OS X Scheme. I thinked a lot about how to name it,
> and I decided to rename the existing Mac OS X Scheme to: Mac OS X
> (Apple style)
>
> And the new one is: Mac OS X (Lazarus style)
>
> The names may change if other developers have a better name.
>
> The idea is to be confortable for people using Lazarus in several
> operating systems. Particularly I was going crazy because home/end
> goes to end of line in Windows and Linux but end of file in Mac, which
> makes me loose where I was before.

I agree, home and end drives me mad.
We also need better shortcuts for toggle form/unit, debugging step
over and step into, optimally one key. Looking into XCode I noticed
some four key shortcuts, that is horrible.

> In the moment this is the only difference with the standard Mac OS X
> style. This is documented here:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_IDE_Shortcuts
>
> Not everything should be the same as on Windows, like using Command+C
> instead of Ctrl+C should be kept, so one needs to exercise good sense
> when choosing what should go into this new scheme and what not. One
> guideline might be OpenOffice. It uses some Apple keys but not all. I
> beliave they were also trying to improve the experience of users
> comming from other operating systems.

Yes, it should be Command+C, because this is used in edit controls in IDE.

Tom Gregorovic