[Lazarus] New Mac OS X Scheme

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:20:44 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> All to exotic combo's might also unnecessarily confuse KVMs. Like the one
> attached to my Mini :_)

What are KVMs?

> Not on all Macs.
> For example the Mac book with american keyboard maps Cmd+F keys to F keys.
> Probably this can be turned off somehow.

This is bad news. Do you have such a MacBook?

And are you sure about this? I just changed my keyboard layout and
using Command+F key did not change the brightness, etc.

> I think the Apple scheme must not use F keys.

Of couse I am only talking about the Mac OS X Lazarus scheme

> The os-x-lazarus scheme could use them if we provide some hints how to configure
> keyboards to not eat all F key combos.

You can tell it to give all F keys to user programs in the
Preferences. Then you use Fn+F key to access the special Apple
functions. But I don't like this solution, it's too intrusive.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho