[Lazarus] TDirectoryListBox component

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:58:00 CEST 2008

On 9/12/08, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> A TDirectoryListBox is too limited, because in Windows you also need a
>  combobox to choose the drive, which doesn't exist in other operating
>  system.

That's true...

>  A more cross-platform solution is implementing TShellTreeView, because
>  it will represent both the dir and the drive in Windows and only the
>  dir in other operating systems (In Mac OS X I think we also need the
>  volume). This control is in my ToDo list. I'm just waiting some
>  guidelines to start development.

Thanks Felipe, that sounds interesting. It might be useful to
integrate TShellTreeView in the File Browser IDE add-on (under
development). I just send my code to Michael van Canneyt. The main
form used a Treeview and the FileListBox. It's pretty much a copy of
the DirSel.pas unit (included in LCL but not used anywhere). It
(dirsel.pas) has quite a few bugs under Windows, which I fixed in the
File Browser code. The completed IDE add-on should be available soon.

Your response just reminder me to include some code from fpGUI, which
handles drive letters (windows) or not (unix) without issues. I'll
incorporate that code into the File Browser, if Michael didn't spot
it.  ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -