[Lazarus] Lazarus with LTSp

A.J. Venter aj at outkastsolutions.co.za
Mon Sep 15 09:38:16 CEST 2008

> 2008/9/14 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
>
> > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, Osvaldo Filho wrote:
> > > Anyone use any GTK2 application with Linux Terminal Server?
> > >
> > > My is little but has a pour performance.
> >
> > All GTK2 applications are slow over a network connection, this
> > is not something Lazarus specific.

The odd thing is, years ago I wrote tappytux to replace the original tuxtype
because tuxtype was much slower over the network due to it's design. Tuxtype
used SDL with a polling loop. This is fine if you have one copy running locally
(and a common game design for that reason) but if you have a few copies
running remotely it causes massive interupt locking of the CPU.

I would suggest running PS and checking where the performance is going.
Lazarus's event model was much nicer over the network than a loop based poll,
if you are seeing high usage of INT in the top output, I would suggest
checking your code - you are probably polling something in a loop rather than
reacting only to events.

Ciao
A.J.