[Lazarus] Powered by lazarus

wile64 wile64 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 11:12:55 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Lazarus can be setup to read the LCL and RTL docs directly from the
>> XML files as tooltip help.
>
> Please tell us more!  I'd love to know how we can do this.  Any wiki
> page that exists on how to do this?

:-)  This has been is v0.9.25 (svn trunk) for some time now.  Lazarus
automatically finds the LCL documentation. I think it does for RTL as
well (Mattias?).

For external packages (*.lpk) like tiopf.lpk or fpgui_toolkit.lpk you
do the following:
  * Open the xxx.lpk package
  * Click "Options | IDE Integration" and then fill in the path(s) to
the *.xml docs in the "FPDoc file paths" edit box.

Now if you hover the mouse over something like TfpgWindow (a window
class, part of fpGUI Toolkit), a tooltip will appear containing the
help defined in the *.xml files. :-)  An awesome feature in Lazarus!!

Regards,
 - Graeme -