[Lazarus] wrong icon choice in Project Inspector

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Sep 17 14:20:30 CEST 2008

On 9/17/08, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  With my last svn update, I noticed a few more icons have been added to
>>  screens. I personally think the icon used in the "Remove" button in
>>  the Project Inspector is wrong.
>>
>>  The red icon normally associated with ERROR.  For Add/Remove more
>>  applications use icons of the same colour.  Blue or Green circles with
>>  + or - signs.
>>
>>  So I recommend the red icon in "Remove" button be changed to a green
>>  icon with a - sign.  Thoughts?
>>
>>  Regards,
>>   - Graeme -

I think red for delete is the correct color.

Red definitely isn't associated to "error" only.

- XP, and Vista use red for the close button on each window.
- Firefox uses it for closing tabs. (cross platform)
- Internet Explorer and Firefox using a red cross to stop loading a page.
- Thunderbird uses a red cross for deleting addresses or mail
- Evolution has red buttons for stop/cancel (which is not an error
indication)

I agree  there are apps that use other colors for delete (some also use
other symbols: trash can instead of minus).
IMHO that shouldn't say that either side is right or defining a standard.