[Lazarus] ide enhancement - method or cursor location belongs to what class?

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Apr 2 12:41:51 CEST 2009

ik wrote:
> Why not to use the Status bar for that ? It also can remain there as
> long as you inside the method etc..
>
> I suggested an idea that was rejected by most people on this list:
> have an ability to split the editor, I use it in VIM for example when
> I need to see additional information without loosing my main work area.
Me too. I think the status bar will be a good place.

I don't see a problem with splitting in general, but it depends on the
way it will be implemented. IMHO It is a case of adding 2 things:
- Allowing several instances of SynEdit to show the same source
- Docking. so you can choose between multi-window and single/slitted window.

Btw, the best you can do for now is to disable the "Caret always
visible". then the caret will keep it's position, even if scrolled out
of the visible area.
It allows you to scroll (mouse only) and once you found what you where
looking for, just type caret-left-key and you are back (well one
position to the left)