[Lazarus] ORM in Lazarus / Freepascal

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:45:07 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
<glpunzi at lordzealon.com> wrote:

> Yes, tiOPF compiles well, but not tiOPFGUI with an error unit not found
> Htmlview. I searched on google and seems something about GTK. Some idea?

Htmlview as far as I know is a Delphi unit. Are you using the package
from the Compilers/FPC/ directory? Plus, I don't support the
tiOPFGUI.lpk package anymore. I gave up trying to port the tiOPF GUI
components to LCL. To many inconsistencies between VCL and LCL and it
just made the shared units code pretty damn ugly with all the IFDEF's.
I now use the MGM mediators. This allows me to use standard (non-db)
components and make them "object aware" without creating descendant
components. I use them as-is with great success. Been doing this for 2
years already.

Please get an update (revision 1500) and try the
Compilers/FPC/tiopflcl.lpk package instead. I don't use the LCL
components much, so I'm sure a few more tiOPF units could be added to
the tiopflcl.lpk package. Just let me know if you are missing some.
The tiopflcl.lpk package is a runtime only package (it doesn't
register components with Lazarus IDE).

I just tested the packages under my Lazarus and they compile fine. I
also compiled the
   <trunk>/Demos/LCL/Demo_21_AddressBook/demo_addressbook.lpr
project without issues.

> You know if tiOPF works under OSX?

I don't know of anybody that tried, but it might work. The only thing
I could think of that could go wrong is maybe a few IFDEF's that need
to change from {LINUX} to {UNIX}. Again, please let me know of any
such issues and I'll fix them ASAP.

Regards,
  - Graeme -