[Lazarus] Permission denied error with Firebird SS on OSX

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Thu Apr 2 21:29:10 CEST 2009

Seriously, I can't understand. I'm sure is something silly I can't
see, but.............

galilea:testfb glpunzi$ ls -all /Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/
Versions/Current/Resources/examples/empbuild/
total 2120
drwxr-xr-x   3 firebird  firebird      102  4 jun  2008 .
drwxr-xr-x  10 firebird  firebird      340  4 jun  2008 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 firebird  firebird  1085440  2 abr 21:03 employee.fdb
galilea:testfb glpunzi$

And I can open 'employee' from Flamerobin and from Lazarus without
problems.

under a folder on my Documents User folder.

galilea:testfb glpunzi$ ls -all
total 1360
drwxr-xr-x   3 glpunzi   staff        102  2 abr 20:48 .
drwx------+ 37 glpunzi   staff       1258  2 abr 21:01 ..
-rw-rw----   1 firebird  firebird  696320  2 abr 20:55 test.fdb

I created this DB from isql with my user. once created, with some data
(and after see I can't connect to it) I did:
sudo chown -R firebird:firebird test.fdb

And still without connection to it. From lazarus, flamerobin and isql,
the same error.
 From isql:
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902
I/O error for file "test.fdb"
-Error while trying to open file
-Permission denied

from flamerobin: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4519/flamerobinscreensnapz00.png

If I revert the chown to:
sudo chown -R glpunzi test.fdb

Then, isql works, but still without connceting flamerobin or Lazarus.

Some idea?

Cheers.