[Lazarus] What is the revision number of release 0.9.26.2?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:24:01 CEST 2009

Hello:

I am astonished. It breaks my heart,  I am crying: Nobody has even
mentioned the old-fashion classic Pascal way for reading a text file.
Traitors. ;-)

option, it is easy, it is simple and you can access to any line whenever
you want. But, Why to load the whole file in memory if you only need to
process  the lines sequentially from the beginning to the end
(particularly if it is a big file)?

Procedure ReadThisFile(FileName:string);
var
 f:TextFile;
 OneLine:string;
begin
 assignFile(f,FileName);
 reset(f);
 while not eof(f) do begin
    readln(f,OneLine);
    // do whatever you want with OneLine, for example write it on the output
    writeln(OneLine);
 closefile(f);
end;

PD:  well, at least Borland Pascal way. I think standard Pascal uses
"text", "assign" and "close" instead of TextFile", "AssignFile" and
"Closefile"

Santiago A.