[Lazarus] How to compile lazarus from its SVN source in WinXP?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Mon Apr 6 13:39:42 CEST 2009

Popeye Spinach schreef:
> I have checked out latest lazarus from SVN using TortoiseSVN. I have also downloaded FPC 2.2.2 installer and fpcbuild2.2.2.
>
> What then now? I coudn't follow the instructions in http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarusi. The information for compiling under WinXP seems has outdated. Please somebody here tell me how to do that?

That page describes getting the source, which you did TortoiseSVN. It also contains
a link at the bottom to instructions how to build it.

For you it would be:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Installing_from_source_2

If you installed fpc 2.2.2 correctly, then open a command prompt, cd lazarus_svn_dir
and then do: 'make bigide'.

Vincent