[Lazarus] Permission denied error with Firebird SS on OSX

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 20:09:08 CEST 2009

2009/4/6 Moshe Berlin <mosheberlin at yahoo.com>:
> How about this error msg from Flamerobin in Linux?
> Our Firebird works fine in Windows with Delphi, but we'd like to convert
> everything to FPC/Lazarus/Firebird in Linux
> ------------>>
> context:database::connect
> message:isc_attach_database failed
>
> sql message: -923
> can't format message 13:77 --message system code -4
>
> engine code :335544421
> engine message: connection rejected by remote interface
> <<------------

I guess you would have to Google those error codes to see if they
reveal anything. Google for Interbase as well, seeing that Firebird
was folked from Interbase.

What is your connection string?

Local or Remote connection style?
  eg:   "/opt/data/test.fdb"
    or   "localhost:/opt/data/test.fdb"

If the remote connection style is used, to you actually have the
firebird server running as a daemon?
  eg:  ps aux | grep fb
You should see at least two fb????? entries in the output. I think
it's fbserver and fbguard.

How does the windows machine connect to the firebird server?

Regards,
  - Graeme -