[Lazarus] Git mirror of Lazarus SubVersion repository is available

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:55:16 CEST 2009

2009/4/9 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Reenen Laurie <rlaurie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Windows users?
>>
>> I am downloading TortoiseGit  (http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/)
>> as we speak, and will try to get the latest 10 revisions :-)
>
> See my previous post. Windows is well supported now, so you shouldn't
> have any issues. There is also a Git version for MacOS, but I don't
> know anything more about it.

tortoisegit needs msysgit to be installed.

quoting from the msysgit home page:

"Once you installed msysGit, git will be compiled and the repository
will be fetched, so you are good to go. Play with git a little, and
you will find plenty of stuff that is not quite optimal."

it's a bit hard to judge how well it works.  i'll have to try it out
when i boot into windows again (in a couple of months, probably ;)

henry