[Lazarus] Hints usability (was: Re: Large program size - 1.8 MB for empty GUI project)

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 23:06:02 CEST 2009

Hello Christian,

CI> Hint: Something that can't be ruled out as dangerous, but might just be.
CI> For practical reasons, this category can't be merged with "warnings",
CI> because that would then produce so many warnings that the only useful
CI> error category would be "error". That would be bad.

Yes but an easy way to tell the compiler that the hint or warning is
expected must exists and I think that {$HINTS OFF} is a too radical
path.

In my case for the "Parameter not used" I'm using a heavily overloaded
procedure "UseParameter" which does nothing and my code is clear of
this kind of hints. The problem is that I must updated the
"UseParameter" each time I use a new parameter type.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun