[Lazarus] Notes on 'remove unused units' codetool

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:58:07 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 16:26, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> Fixed.
> Fixed.
> Added.

Thanks.

>> 4) Icons used are strange. I think standard 'unit' icon should be used
>> instead of current one.
> Same icons as in the code explorer. Make a proposal.

Hm... I proposed to use 'images/codeexplorer/ce_unit.png' which AFAIU
is from code explorer.

>> 5) I think this should be a project-wide feature, not unit-wide.
>
> Beware: The algorithm does not check recursively (e.g. the inherited
> initialization sections) and the .lpr file contains a lot of 'unused'
> units. For example the thread manager, the memory manager or the
> 'interfaces' unit of the LCL.
> If someone uses this dialog and simply removes all 'unused' he will
> make his program unrunnable.

Well, perhaps do not show units used by .lpr as unused then?

>> I am not sure how hard it is to implement,
> I know a good IDE.
I do not understand. What IDE?

>>   5a) (Preferably) A common tree of all units in project, with
>> subtrees for each unit.
>
> Sounds like the unit dependencies window.

Yes, I think joining both into a single interface is a sensible idea.
Anyway, to show I am not just whining:
;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin