[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:13:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Marc Weustink
<marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:

> Yes, but beware the some of them got merges from trunk afterwards.
>
> For instance, lazarus_0_9_26_2 is based on 18716, and r18269 got merged
>  resulting in r18898. So you cannot simpy use r18898 for the tag.

I noticed that...  Doesn't that defeat the point of tags???  Branches
are used for merging things. Tags should be set in stone - a snapshot
at a specific point in time. Now Lazarus developers do not distinguish
between tags and branches.  :-(

How long before a Lazarus tag is not merged to any more?? This strange
usage of tags makes any mirroring near impossible (or a lot more
work).  I still think merging to a tag is wrong though.  Maybe I'll
just use the base revision number the tag was created on and be done
with it.

Regards,
  - Graeme -