[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:25:10 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Vincent Snijders
<vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:

> I am abusing the tool, because it is a tool after all, not a law. Sorry to confuse
> you with it, but I never realized you would get into trouble with git. svn export
> and svn co of that tag works exactly the same after the release announcement (all
> the release builders were notified in private).

It's not that Git doesn't cope with it, it's just something unexpected
even for a svn user. I would never consider doing a 'svn up' after I
do a 'svn co' on a tag.  As a long time svn user I always understood a
tag as a single point in time with no modifications after it has been
created. So if I did a 'svn co' before you did the merge to that tag,
then if I spoke of tag 0.9.26 (expecting it not to change) if would be
different to your tag 0.9.26.  Hence my concern about the odd usage of
tags.

Regards,
  - Graeme -