[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:43:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> Even in CVS - the mother of all revision systems - a tag could be moved,
>> so there also it could be that you had to do a cvs up on a tag.
>
> Software evolves (hopefully) and we should not repeat prior mistakes.
> ;-)  See my previous post.

Also, AFAIK the option in CVS was not there from the beginning and was
introduced for repository maintenance, and required a "force" option.
(And you aren't allowed to commit to tag so you wouldn't do it by
accident... Does svn at least have a lock folder/branch command
already?)

And as SVN revision ids are global/repository-unique, is there a
reason to tag before compiling/testing like with CVS?

Best regards,
Flávio