[Lazarus] Repository commit statistics. :-)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:37:46 CEST 2009

Op dinsdag 14-04-2009 om 12:35 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Hans-Peter
Diettrich:
> Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
>
> >> Yes, but beware the some of them got merges from trunk afterwards.
> >>
> >> For instance, lazarus_0_9_26_2 is based on 18716, and r18269 got merged
> >>  resulting in r18898. So you cannot simpy use r18898 for the tag.
> >
> > I noticed that...  Doesn't that defeat the point of tags???  Branches
> > are used for merging things. Tags should be set in stone - a snapshot
> > at a specific point in time.
>
> I'll second that.
>
> Later fixes should be supplied as patches (AKA "service packs"), IMO.

You have never managed the release of a complex (open-source?)
application, didn't you?

If a showstopper pops up, you have to cancel the release and make
another. You can't release buggy software and then release a
service-pack on the day the original release is released!

Joost