[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:47:07 CEST 2009

2009/4/15 Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>:

> As I said previously (and was completely ignored ;-), with SVN one can
> rely on repository revisions.
> And if people don't like that, they can use a series of "pre" tags.
> And probably a "pre" branch.

Brilliant idea.  Create a "pre-0.9.26" branch (or tag <yuck>) and
start the release process. 2-4 months later if anything is broken,
merge and patch that branch at will. Test again and if all is well,
then create a "lazarus_0.9.26" tag (never to be touched because it's a
released version).

How difficult is that???  Logically, Flávio's example makes a lot more
sense that how it is currently done with moving tags.

Regards,
  - Graeme -