[Lazarus] Why we chose Object Pascal instead

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Apr 15 17:36:44 CEST 2009

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
> And here is the best comment about it:
>
> Capt. Kirk:
> As a customer your choices are:
>
> 1. Hire an experienced competent developer who understands the library
> functions, knows how to write properly structured code with
> appropriate variable scope and data types, or
>
> 2. Hire someone who will produce what appears to be exactly the same output.
>
> As a customer who doesn't happen to be a developer himself, the above
> two options translate as:
>
> 1. Hire an expensive expensive expensive who expensive the expensive
> expensive, knows how to write expensive expensive code with expensive
> expensive expensive and expensive expensive, or
>
> 2. Save a bunch of money and get exactly the same thing.

The funny thing is that whoever buys a car, a drill, a mobile phone,
whatever, knows very well that what is visible doesn't tell what's
inside, how reliable it is, and so on, and looks for expert advice. A
lot of publishers make money printing magazines which provide a better
insight on cars, cameras, phones etc. etc.
Nonetheless, although everybody stumbles every day in the pitfalls of
badly written software, it appears that very few apply to buying
software the same kind of approach. :-(

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)