[Lazarus] Animated GIF's in wiki pages

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Apr 24 02:06:19 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com> wrote:
>> I have to say that Lazarus is getting sexy.  Someone forgot to put the auto
>> suggestion as you type feature in ;)
>
> Explain that feature please?  Or is that "word completion"?

Like hitting CTRL-Space automatically as you type.  I use the one for Delphi
called CNWizards which has it.

Lets say I type "tstr", then the suggestion box is displayed automatically and
TStrings is highlighted already with TStringList next in the list etc.  At that
point, all I have to do is hit Tab or Enter and the section is writtent the
editor followed by a space so I can keep typing.

The CNWizards version has useful settings such as how many characters have to be
typed before auto suggestion is invoked.  I like it set to three or four characters.

I personally like it because it saves time when I have type write type names
like TGenericMediatorClass.  Instead, I type "tge" (or more letters) and the
list is automatically displayed with the item closest matching what I typed
already highlighted.  I just hit enter and continue typing.

I think open office (text editor) and Word have this same kind of feature.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee