[Lazarus] Making a auto-complete dropdown list

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 23:06:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

If you try to do this cross-platform, you might run into this bug:

I have an app with autocompletion TEdit. When it finds a match it
appends the part that was not typed in yet, and selects that part in
the control.
This works perfectly well in win32, but in GTK the SelLength property
is not updated correctly in the TEdit.OnChage event.
I was never able to pinpoint where this goes wrong and no other
Lazarus users seem to need this specific behaviour it seems.

Bart