[Lazarus] new definition list formatting for HTML docs

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:10:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> What is so hard about typing
> make html
> ?

/opt/fpcdocs_svn $ make html
make -C ../compiler/utils msg2inc
make: *** ../compiler/utils: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [../compiler/utils/msg2inc] Error 2

OK, so clearly 'fpcdocs_svn' must be in a different directory layout.
The README.DOCS doesn't mention a required directory structure. Also
the documentation repository (located at
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk) doesn't give any
indication that it must be a sub-directory of FPC somewhere.

The readme file also says that to create html help, it uses
latex2html, but what if I am only interested in the class
documentation for RTL and FCL? Onl HTML output, not the pretty PDF
manuals that I always download. What make parameter do I pass in then
- that doesn't require latex2html? Something that only uses fpdoc for
html output?

Regards,
  - Graeme -