[Lazarus] [patch] fpdoc.css now has "definition list" formatting

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:54:21 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

>> Thanks, applied. Let see if the formatchars docs get pretty tomorrow.
>
> Is the left colum supposed to be right adjusted ? I'd prefer normal table
> style and left adjustment.

No it shouldn't be. :-(
Maybe I got the patch wrong.  Initially I was going to right align the
left column, but that caused problems with large (very wide)
definition text (<dt> tag), so I adjusted the CSS code to use "auto"
width. And with the latter option, text is always left aligned.

Sorry Vincent - if I got the patch wrong.  Here is what the definition
list CSS code should look like:

============================
/* definition list */
dl {
  border: 3px double #ccc;
  padding: 0.5em;
}

/* definition list: term */
dt {
  float: left;
  clear: left;
  width: auto; /* normally browsers default width of largest item */
  padding-right: 20px;
  font-weight: bold;
  color: darkgreen;
}

/* definition list: description */
dd {
  margin: 0 0 0 110px;
  padding: 0 0 0.5em 0;
}

Viewing the following URL, I did screw up the patch and sent my
initial attempt.  :-(
  http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/fpdoc.css

Vincent, could you update the fpdoc.css  with the code shown above. Thanks.

Regards,
  - Graeme -