[Lazarus] Linux Journal article

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:50:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Vincent
Snijders<vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:
> Andrew Brunner schreef:
>>
>> hold off on issues until after a major version
>> increase...
>
> What do you mean by that?

Hi Vincent,  I mean that having the 9.26 release on the website when
9.27 from SVN is so much better by any standards, press should be held
off until the PRESS AND VERSION are at the same time.  I would have
liked new comers to see the 9.27 version.  9.27 is totally improved
over 9.26 and I feel that it is best to hold off (wait) on the
publications to major readerships.

A much better version just sitting in subversion - many new leads will
never see the latest and greatest.  And I assert the BEST version of
Lazarus ever produced should be seen.

I just checked the Lazarus site and I still see 96 as an offering...

This is more of a marketing issue than anything... But all marketing
should be done in concert with development.  And I am trying to get a
point across that if Lazarus team knew of the article, we should have
worked to get a latest and greatest pushed out the door.  A best face
on Lazarus if you will.

> Anyway, we (at least I) started working on a new release almost 4 months
> ago:
> http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/2009/04/no-updates-on-0926-fixes-branch.html

Sweet.    How much effort does an "Automated" build process take to
developer so on a whim, with a good codebase a Lazarus team member
could generate an interim Release like say 9.27 :-)