[Lazarus] programmer / project statistics

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Aug 6 17:09:44 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Indeed.
> With some typing statistics the IDE could suggest code templates and
> short cuts.

Now that would be interesting. I already had to customize such a lot of
shortcuts to accommodate the Dvorak layout.

We actually want to implement statistics gathering in our flagship
product - because users never give us feedback.

Such statistics in the IDE should also be useful. What part of the IDE
is used most. Which functions (actions) are used most. Which are not
used at all. etc...  I remember seeing a video about Microsoft gathering
such data for MS Office - and that's how they designed the new "dynamic
tab thingy interface" in the newer MS Office.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/