[Lazarus] Multi-threading support in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Aug 13 16:57:10 CEST 2009

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Don't know about the others, but compiling is done by a separate
> process, so there is a chance that your os runs it in a different
> core.

OK, after reading all the other responses I now understand the
flexibility of keeping FPC and Lazarus separate, but why then is Lazarus
non-responsive while the compiler is compiling in a separate process?

Simply clicking on the editor tabs take 10-15 seconds before they react.
I currently have a Intel P4 2.4Ghz with 1.5GB memory, running Ubuntu
8.04.2. Lazarus v0.9.27 from last week.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/