[Lazarus] Multi-threading support in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Aug 14 13:13:17 CEST 2009

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Probably simple. The compiler is started by the compile function in
> fpc/compiler/compiler.pas and takes simply a command line arguments.

Florian, you were 100% correct, it is VERY easy! I looked at the FP IDE,
and within 5 minutes I had my own fpGUI based "ide". :-) Actually just a
GUI application with one edit field that takes the compiler parameters
and then a big COMPILE button that starts the compile process in a
separate thread.

Currently all output goes to stdout, but the compiling works perfectly.
Next step is to place that thread in the Lazarus IDE. :)

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/