[Lazarus] Multi-threading support in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Aug 14 14:23:36 CEST 2009

Martin Schreiber wrote:

> So does MSEide with the compile and the search in files function. The
> checking of the compiler output and the file search run in separate

I just tried with a oldish MSEide 2.1 (unstable) and I monitored the
thread usage for the mseide process. You seem to use a few threads for
things. One for the main process, one for the editor (though I don't
know what it does) and 'search in files' also uses a separate thread.

Very nice to see that even with a long running search, the main ide
still responded to all user interactions as normal. I could even compile
a project while doing a search. All tested under Linux.
Don't you want to move to Lazarus IDE development. ;-)

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/