[Lazarus] Lazarus has unique font sizes

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Sat Aug 15 18:54:03 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> As I understood it, the difference is as follows:
> - Setting size selects the point size of the font, no matter what the
> DPI is.
> - Setting height sets the pixel size of the font, and then the correct
> point size
>   is calculated (using DPI) so the height is reached.

Now why couldn't you explain it like that in the first place! ;-) If the wiki help does not mention what you said, I'll copy and paste yours exactly, so others understand it as well. Not even the Delphi help that you quoted, made it as simple and clear as your explanation.

Maybe it will help if the caption was changed from "Editor font height" to "Height in pixels". No point in repeating the "Editor font" part of the caption, because the whole bounding groupbox is related to the Editor Font. Also a tooltip saying that if a negative value is displayed, is has been calculated from the point size might be a nice hint too. Just a thought.

Regards,
 - Graeme -