[Lazarus] Lazarus has unique font sizes

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 15 19:45:18 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
>> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>>
>>> Am I missing something ?
>>
>> Yes, why is it an option in the first place? No other application
>> asks the user for the Font Size or Font Height. If the one can be
>> calculated from the other, then just give us the ONE normal option -
>> Font Size. Anything else is just confusing to the user.
>
> User, yes. programmer: no.

Yes, but a programmer is a user to, depends on context.

In the object inspector, the positive and negative values should be
displayed.

But on the editor options dialog, I don;t actually see the point. The
Editor option dialog doesn't have a "Size" and a "height" field, it has
one field only.
IMHO the dropdown should be the same as the listbox on the
font-selection-popup-dialog => all positive values. It can accept
negative values, but only if manually entered by the user.

Martin