[Lazarus] Problem with Includes during Design Time

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Aug 15 21:16:53 CEST 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:50:13 -0500
Andrew Brunner <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Mattias
> Gaertner<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> >
> > Where is uTempSearchUserInteractionDefinitions.inc?
> > What is the exact file path?
>
> /mnt/Developer/Source/Projects/SCS/Stored/ is the path to the unit
> file and it's includes which are many included in the unit.  Its
> folder has 74 items all but one (the unit) and it's includes.

Let's see if I got this right:

unit file:
/mnt/Developer/Source/Projects/SCS/uStorage.pas

include file:
/mnt/Developer/Source/Projects/SCS/Stored/TempSearchUserInteractionDefinitions.inc

include directive:
{$i uTempSearchUserInteractionDefinitions.inc}

So, the unit "....uStorage.pas" needs the include path "Stored".

How to do this in lazarus:
- Add the unit to a project or package
- Add the include path to this project (or package)

>[...]
> The bug would be with Lazarus not reading or accepting ENV variables as vaild PATHs.

It does accept the ENV macro in paths. But project search paths are only
used in project directories.
And package search paths are only used in package directories.

>[...]
> Yes.  It was b/c uStorage.pas was a unit added to the project itself
> which in turn resulted in the path being added the include paths.  And
> when I go to the project inspector I can duplicate the error EVERY
> time by removing the uStorage.pas unit from the project.

This is not a bug, it is a feature.

Otherwise your project will not be portable.

>[...]

Mattias