[Lazarus] Lazarus has unique font sizes

Chris Kirkpatrick chris.kirkpatrick at doctors.org.uk
Sun Aug 16 18:15:28 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> What about the fpdoc editor?
>
> Mattias

This thread seems to have changed into one that discusses the provision
of Help for Lazarus, so I'm going to start a new thread.

I am currently trying systematically to produce documentation for all
the classes in the LCL, and the tool that I have found most useful is
the FPDoc editor in the Lazarus IDE. There are a few things it does not
readily address, such as the provision of a short description for the
Unit files themselves - I have usually done this by hand, and the
problem of duplicate declarations - FPDoc usually constructs
documentation files from the last delaration in the pascal source file,
so if the XML tags have been attached to a forward declaration, they
often get missed, or if there are alternative versions of a declaration,
onely one of them gets picked up.

However, by and large, the FPDoc editor is an excellent tool, and I
would encourage anyone trying to produce Help to use it as the first
resource.

As well as providing detailed descriptions of all the classes,
procedures etc in the Lazarus code, we need to produce a lot of How-to
type documentation, and this process is still in its infancy. There is a
lot of good stuff in the wiki, but it is not very systematic. Some of
the developers are writing a Lazarus book, and we should encourage this
to form the basis of a good manual. We need lots of ideas, and a lot of
work needs to be done. All offers of assistance will be welcome.

Chris