[Lazarus] IDE editor's NoteBook component problems

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Tue Aug 18 14:54:27 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Like I said: If you have sufficiently open files, you'll get to a point
> where you no longer can show them all.

True. Luckily my personal usage I normally don't go over 15 open files.

> Happens faster than you think. So your hack will work for another 15 files
> or so, and then you're again stuck.

I know! Ctrl+Click in the code can take you all over the place. :-)

I'm extending the "Opened Units List" add-on so that in can be docked to
to the right of the editor, at which point, it hides the editor tabs.
This add-on uses a listview, which takes up less space that tabs, so I
should be able to fit another 10 open files in there.

PS:
Anybody know when will Lazarus IDE have docking support? I know of quite
a few Lazarus add-ons that all do there own manual docking hacks. It
would be so much easier with standard docking. I remember reading a
while back that somebody was working on it - how far is the progress?
Any way we can help?

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/