[Lazarus] hints missing new line [Re: codetools tooltip showing method visibility]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Aug 18 20:23:35 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> Hm, but there are some new lines, so the ability to show new lines is
>> there. There are about 5 or 6 ancestor classes with "Create",  after
>> the first is a new line, then all in one single block, and another
>> new line in front of the last.
>>
>> Looks like maybe the 2 with the newline, have a newline in the actual
>> help text, so it is copied from there?
>> The newlines used by codetools: are the LineFeed or just #13?
>>

> It was not in the codetools, but in the fpdoc help.
> I added a line break.

Hm now I am getting no hint at all, but the following in the message
window (synedit.pp line: 748 constructor Create)
(the </ul> is in the xml)

C:\lazarus_latest\docs\xml\lcl\controls.xml(15714,14) Error: Unmatching
element end tag (expected "</ul>")
C:\lazarus_latest\docs\xml\lcl\controls.xml(15714,14) Error: Unmatching
element end tag (expected "</ul>")
C:\lazarus_latest\docs\xml\lcl\controls.xml(15714,14) Error: Unmatching
element end tag (expected "</ul>")

and in the log:
TCodeHelpManager.GetFPDocFilenameForSource Hint: file without owner:
C:\lazarus_latest\components\synedit\synedit.pp
TCodeHelpManager.LoadFPDocFile
C:\lazarus_latest\docs\xml\lcl\controls.xml(15714,14) Error: Unmatching
element end tag (
expected "</ul>")
TCodeHelpManager.LoadFPDocFile
C:\lazarus_latest\docs\xml\lcl\controls.xml(15714,14) Error: Unmatching
element end tag (
expected "</ul>")
TCodeHelpManager.LoadFPDocFile
C:\lazarus_latest\docs\xml\lcl\controls.xml(15714,14) Error: Unmatching
element end tag (
expected "</ul>")
TCodeHelpManager.GetFPDocFilenameForSource Hint: file without owner:
C:\FPC\SVN\trunc\rtl\win32\classes.pp
TCodeHelpManager.GetFPDocFilenameForSource Hint: file without owner:
C:\FPC\SVN\trunc\rtl\win32\system.pp
TLazFPDocFile.GetElementWithName create failed: missing module name.
ElementName=TCustomControl.Create
TLazFPDocFile.GetElementWithName create failed: missing module name.
ElementName=TWinControl.Create
TLazFPDocFile.GetElementWithName create failed: missing module name.
ElementName=TControl.Create