[Lazarus] How to set my locale

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Aug 20 09:49:42 CEST 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:02:44 +0700
Tawee Laoitichote <astpspd at pea.co.th> wrote:

> On ศุกร์ 14 สิงหาคม 2009 16:47:29 Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> > Zitat von Tawee Laoitichote <astpspd at pea.co.th>:
> > > Dear Lazalus 's fans,
> > >
> > > I've just installed Lazalus, and rush to set my locale, Thai.
> > > Unfortunately, it does not work. Help, please
> >
> > Do you mean translated strings or things like date and time formats?
> >
> > There is no Thai translation for the IDE yet, so you will see
> > English everywhere.
> > Maybe you want to start it? It is easy.
> > The strings are stored in simple text files and there are programs
> > like poedit and kbabel which allow more comfortable editing.
> >[...]
>
> Thanks Mattias, I found a file in /etc/lazarus/environmentoption.xml;
> no other files else within the same directory. And, it is listed as
> follow:
>
>[...the standard options for linux...]

Since you didn't answer my questions, I assume you didn't understand
them. I will try in other words:

When you start lazarus you will see, that all text, captions and menu
items are in English. Lazarus has many translations including German,
Finnish, Chines and many more, but no Thai. No one has yet sent us a
translation for Thai. You can set the language in the menu
under Environment / Options.

A related topic is how to get the right date and time format in your
programs for functions like DateToStr, which converts a date to a
string. Your programs can use the clocale unit to automatically use the
right date format.
See here
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/clocale/index.html

Mattias