[Lazarus] codetools tooltip showing method visibility

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu Aug 20 10:30:05 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>
>> I meant: I wonder who said that programmers are not users.
>
> I think it was from the "Lazarus has unique font sizes" message thread.
> I can't really remember the exact context or person. I read to many
> newsgroups and mailing lists to remember everything. ;-)

Please read carefully. Otherwise you are reading things that are not written and you
get a skewed world view.

 From that thread:
"Lazarus is not a tool for any user - it is a tool only for programmers."

IOW, it is not a tool for users that are not programmers. The set of programmers is
a subset of the set of users.

You said:
"I was told multiple times the IDE is for programmers, not users (apparently
programmers are not users) - so anything should go."

1. Until now I only could find one location with these kind of words, not multiple
times.
2. As explained above, you misinterpret that quote. Therefore you draw the wrong
conclusion (I think, because I don't exactly understand this English): "anything
should go"

Vincent