[Lazarus] Documentation and Help for Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 00:25:16 CEST 2009

2009/8/21 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:

> That is more than insufficient.

Speaking about plain text docs (Asciidoc). keywords can be generated
from them or maybe a more informed keyword file could be built
manually. Something like meta-tags used in blogs or web page headers.
Alternatively, we can look how fpdoc generates keywords and indexes
and use something similar.

As long as we can start having help in a offline (and possible online)
format, that would be a good push in the right direction. Currently
wiki docs is not helping and is in the wrong (non-portable) format.

> - Frame (also in plural Frames must much the same pages):
> There are at least 3 ways it can occur in the doc
> 1 - TFrame => visual form inheritance
> 2 - Stack frame
> 3 - just the plain English word.
> If you search for it, you should be asked if you mean 1 or 2.

In this case search for "frame" has a 'complete word', which should
then ignore 1 and only return 2 as a result.

But yes I get what you mean. Extra keywords or meta-tags for each
document pages would be helpful. What does fpdoc do in this regards?

Regards,
  - Graeme -